What we offer you:
- We assess the crystallinity of your sample in our Laue system.
- We inform you of damage to the crystal lattice and mosaicity.
- We let you know how accurately the crystal can still be aligned.
- We polish away any impurities that are residing in the surface region of the crystal.
What you get:
- A crystal that is repolished to the same roughness spec as a new crystal.
- A surface region that is free of the contaminants that were previously present.
- A realignment of the surface normal to the original orientation.
- A slightly reduced thickness of the crystal.
What this service does not do:
- Repair a crystal lattice. You will need a new crystal if you require the crystallinity to be perfect.
- Remove bulk contaminations. Any impurity that has diffused into the deep bulk of the crystal will eventually reappear.
- Fix plastic deformations on non-polished portions of the crystal.